White Potato Salad
2 -- med white sweet potatoes c (or regular- remember use what’s in your pantry)
1 bunch bok choy chopped
1 bunch green onion chopped
2 carrots sliced
1/2 head of cabbage coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 bunch radishes chopped (3)
1 med turnip chopped
3/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup Creole mustard
Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Grab a large stock pot (8 quart) place washed, peeled and cubed potatoes in pot. Fill with water till it just barely covers the potatoes.
- Add a few dashes of salt to potatoes.
- Bring to a boil – potatoes are ready when you pierce the flesh with fork and it slides off.
- In the meantime break out that large under utilized cutting board and start chopping your bok choy, green onion, carrots, cabbage, radishes, turnips, garlic.
- Place chopped ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add those few dashes of Worcestershire.
- Add Salt & pepper to taste.
- Potatoes should be ready by now- remove from heat. Grab the colander place in the sink pour your piping hot potatoes in the colander. Allow to cool or cheat and do what I do – allow to cool for 10 minutes in the sink then move them to the freezer for 20.
Once the potatoes are cooled, add them to the veggies in the large mixing bowl. Add mayo and Creole mustard, Gently fold. Once combined cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.