Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Your favorite knife
Small mixing bowl
Large mixing bowl
* 1.5lbs pastured ground beef (optional)
* 1 8oz pack white button mushrooms--stems removed, sliced
* 2 yellow squash grated
* 2 Creole tomatoes--seeded and chopped
* 1 cup Popcorn rice cooked
* 2 bell peppeer, halved (widthwise), seeded
* 1 sweet onion chopped
* 4 sprigs parsley stems removed chopped
* 1/4 c. dry fine bread crumbs
* 1 large egg
* Worcestershire sauce
* salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a small to medium pot for rice. 1 cup rice to 2 cups of water. Bring to cups of water with a few dashes of salt to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low, cover with lid and set the timer for 27 minutes. Once finished allow rice to cool to room temp.
- Mix beef in small bowl with plenty of salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Pre cook ground beef until lightly browned about 3 minutes on med-high heat.
In a large mixing bowl toss mushrooms, squash, tomatoes, onion, parsley, egg, bread crumbs along with salt & pepper to taste.
Add in beef.
- Fill pepper halves with the mixture be sure to mound slightly.
- Arrange the halves in 9”x 13” baking dish and place on middle rack in the oven for 1 hour. Serve Immediately