Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry
From Good Housekeeping. Provided by Corrine, a Village Acres' CSA Member.
Asian Fast Food: An Eastern-influenced entree flavored with ginger, soy, and sesame, rich in vitamins and minerals (thanks to brown rice and asparagus). And it's low in calories and fat.
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- 1 c. quick-cooking (10 minute) brown rice
- 3 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lb. peeled deviened shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1. Cook rice as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, in 12" nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil on medium heat 1 minute. Add asparagus and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and ginger, cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque throughout, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in soy, lime, basil, and remaining sesame oil; remove from heat. Serve over rice.
Each serving: About 265 calories, 29 g protein, 22 g carboydrates, 7 g total fat (1 g saturated), 2 g fiber, 172 mg cholestrol, 455 mg sodium.