Pasta with Kale, Tomatoes and Chevre
Provided by Lee & Colleen, Village Acres' CSA Members.
- 1 bunch of kale or chard, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic (or garlic scapes), minced
- 6 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- One 28 oz can Italian peeled tomatoes
- 4 oz chevre, cut into small chunks
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 lb. corkscrew pasta (like rotini or cellentani)
Saute the garlic in 4 T olive oil. Add the chopped kale and cook until barely tender. In a large pot, saute onions in remaining olive oil until translucent. Add peeled tomatoes, and cook over medium heat until they are easily broken down with the back of a fork (about 15 minutes). Add sauteed kale, and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta. To serve, toss hot pasta with the kale and tomato sauce, chevre and basil leaves.