Jeff's Red Gazpacho
3 lb. tomatoes
1/4 cup cold water
2 cloves garlic
4 tbl. olive oil
3 tbl red wine vinegar
3 tbl. sherry vinegar
2 tsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tps hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. skin and seed tomatoes putting seed and juice through strainer
2. put tomatoes and all ingredients EXCEPT water in blender
3. add reserved tomato juice and cold water to make 1 cup into blender
4. pulse blender 10 times , more or less depending on the consistency desired.
5. chill for several hours
6. serve with diced vegetables for garnish, chopped tomatoes, onion, peppers, cucumber and croutons.
*Thanks to CSA member Jeff Kahn for this tasty treat!