Crustless Spring Asparagus Quiche
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 12 - 15 stalks asparagus, slightly steamed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green garlic, sliced thinly
- 4 pieces prosciutto or crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- dash of nutmeg
Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
Butter quiche dish, then sprinkle all over with bread crumbs.
Sprinkle asparagus, green garlic, and prosciutto or bacon in dish, then evenly sprinkle cheese on top.
Whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, nutmeg, and mustard, and pour over cheese. Bake until top is golden and custard is set in center, 25 to 35 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges.