Corn Soup with Jalapeño
6 ears of fresh corn
1 small onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
2 quarts chicken broth
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut kernels off cobs, reserve 2 cobs for stock.
2. In a medium pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil and add the 2 reserved corn cobs to the broth. Put the cumin and coriander seeds in a pouch and put in the broth and let simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the onion about 5 minutes until opaque, then add the corn kernels and saute another 5 minutes. Take 1/4 of the corn mixture out of the pan and into a blender. Once the broth is finished, take 2 cups and add it to the corn mix in the blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Add the jalapeño to the pan with the remaining corn mixture and saute for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the corn and jalapeño mix and the creamed corn into the remaining broth pot and simmer for 10 minutes until the jalapeño is soft.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.